General practice policies can be found in our Practice Policies document.
Integrative Neurosensory Associates, LLC does not participate with any health insurance. You will be provided with a coded superbill that you can use to submit to your insurance company. Therefore it is up to you to manage your insurance. Our practice is not equipped to handle any insurance matters. We have also chosen to opt out of Medicare and Medicaid. Many insurance companies cover our services and will reimburse you after your visit depending upon your out-of-network benefits coverage.
Please call us for our fees.
We require a credit card number on file for all patients in order to schedule appointments.
To be considered an active patient and receive ongoing care, we require that the patient be seen in our office at least twice per calendar year and maintain a regular follow up every 4 to 6 weeks via telephone, SKYPE or in person. The very nature of Herbal and Homeopathic remedies and biomedical treatments is such that regular updates are required for continued benefit.
POLICY FOR ALL CONSULTS:
As part of our continued effort to provide you with the very best medical care and to accommodate all appointment requests, we are requiring an email update prior to each consultation. Our clinicians meticulously prepare for each appointment prior to the time of your appointment. This ensures that we achieve the high standard of care and treatment we pride ourselves on.
All services are provided by appointment only and this scheduled time is reserved for your exclusive use. The cancellation policy differs by the type of appointment, as documented below.
- Cancellation of an Initial Consult
All new patient appointments must be canceled 4 days prior to your scheduled appointment. Integrative NeuroSensory retain Associates retain the right to bill at 50% of the standard initial consultation fee for appointments not cancelled within 4 days of the scheduled appointment.
- Follow-up Appointment Cancellation
We require 48 hours notice for follow-up consultations, which includes office visits or telephone consults with any of our clinicians and a scheduled procedural or treatment modality appointment. Integrative Neuro Sensory Associates retain the right to bill at 50% of the standard fee for any consultation not cancelled within 48 hours of the scheduled appointment. Rates vary by service and clinician.
[box type=”info“] Fees for non-cancellation of follow-up appointments are non-refundable and may not be used as credit to a future consultation or procedure.
To cancel an appointment, please call 732-772-1989. Our general office hours are Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. All cancellations must be stated via telephone. If you cannot reach us in person by phone, you can leave a detailed voicemail message with your name, patient’s name, date and time of your scheduled appointment.
In the case of a true medical emergency or an act of God (natural disaster) our cancellation policy does not apply but may require documentation in writing.[/box]
As part of our continued effort to provide you with the very best care, our clinicians use e-mail as a form of communication with patients.
E-mail communication is viewed as billable time, as is an office visit or telephone consultation. Brief e-mails will not be billed individually, BUT frequent e-mails will be cumulative and left to the clinician’s sole discretion when billing time is necessary.
Emails will be billed by our office every few months at a rate of $250/ hour.
Please note that if you choose to submit our invoices to your insurance company for reimbursement, telephone consults are not generally covered by insurance and email correspondence is not covered by insurance. You should not submit invoices for email correspondence to your insurance provider.
The First Appointment
The initial office consultation will last at least 2- 3 hours. We suggest that you bring a snack and preferred toys, books etc for your child as the consult will be at least 3 hours.
At the initial consultation, Dr. Dashore will review your/your child’s history, conduct a neuro-sensory and Biomedical exam, nutritional physical examination, Heart Rate Variability analysis,. and observe your child’s interactions. Zyto and Zyto EVOX assessments are optional. Dr. Dashore will discuss how they see your history and development as it pertains to a biomedical approach to Autism, Lyme Disease and other chronic illnesses. She will present a detailed treatment plan for your child.
And from there…
At the initial consultation, we will provide you with a detailed plan, which may include recommendations for new therapies or changes to existing therapies, urine, stool and/or other testing, the use of supplements and medications and possible dietary changes with supporting resources.
The first follow-up consultation (which may be in office or via telephone/SKYPE) will be scheduled with either Dr. Dashore approximately one month after the first visit. This will focus on the results of recommended tests and further treatment/ therapy plans. Future follow-up consultations will occur as needed every 1 to 3 months.
As other therapies and/or interventions become known through research they may be recommended, when appropriate.
We are also available to address questions and concerns between appointments via email.
It is important to note that Dr. Dashore is a specialist and she will not act as your primary care. For regular medical issues like colds, coughs, constipation, headaches you will continue to see your primary care physician for routine well and sick visits. Dr. Dashore will work with your caregivers and practitioners to coordinate and facilitate care.
[box type=”info“]DO’S AND DON’TS
- DO call ahead for an appointment as schedules fill very quickly.
- DON’T call for a 15 minute appointment and expect to go to 30 minutes unless the schedule allows for it. It is better to schedule for enough time to go over all of your questions or schedule for shorter appointments more often so that all of your questions can be answered.
- DO call us as soon as possible if you must cancel an appointment. Late cancellations and no-shows may result in a bill for that time slot. Our Appointment Cancellation Policy explains our requirements for cancelling an appointment without incurring a charge. We suggest that you read it carefully and print out a copy for your records.
- DON’T fail to call us in the event of a missed/cancelled appointment to reschedule. Follow up is very important.
- DO email the nurse with brief concerns or questions, but limit them to things she can respond to quickly (such as prescription refills) as she is assisting the doctor/PA in seeing patients throughout the day.
- DON’T email the administrative personnel with multiple questions or severe concerns that only the doctor/PA can address. Please call for an appointment to discuss this with the doctor/PA. If you are acutely ill, do not wait for us. Please proceed to a local physician, your primary care, or if it is an emergency, call 911.
- DO send in your follow up email update. Our doctors require that this be completed and returned prior to each office or phone consult. This enables you to organize your concerns and questions, and saves you time and money at the time of your consult.
- DON’T forget to list all current meds and supplements and the pharmacies you use with their phone number. Don’t bring all your current supplements with you. Just a list is sufficient.
- DO hope, DO try, DO dream.
- DON’T ever give up![/box]
SKYPE and Telephone Policies & Procedures
By law Dr Dashore may not diagnose or treat your condition without seeing you in person first. Specifically, she cannot order tests or prescriptions for you, diagnose you or be your doctor. Your primary care physician and/or other doctors should always be regarded as a primary source of information about diagnosis, treatment, prescription drugs, and medical conditions.
(The following will not apply for those who have been seen in person)
You agree to the following:
I have solicited Dr. Dashore for an educational consultation. The information Dr. Dashore discusses is not medical advice, and should not be treated as such. The information provided is for informational, educational and entertainment purposes only. The information discussed is in no way intended to supplant the information provided by one’s doctor(s). I understand that no portion of any consultation is to be interpreted as diagnosis or treatment of anyone for anything.
Dr. Dashore is not:
- diagnosing or treating any disease or condition that I may have
- managing my health care
- providing medical services to me
- acting as my doctor and we have not entered into a doctor-patient relationship